Monday, October 14, 2013

the woggle!

 

found this on the 'net:  interesting advice and one seconded by my pal supthecreek!

Learn what I call the woggle, where you are on the nose and you woggle to slip sideways down the face of the wave to a slightly more powerful position in the wave curve and you can hold your line ( old masters of this were Phil Edwards and Miki Dora watch and learn) learn to read the wave with your feet the fluctuations of power and that's where you get the feel of when and how much to back off the nose.
I have identified the sweet spot on all of my longboards where the board gives continual acceleration I often woggle from that spot too, when the board feels balanced and able to take an expedition forward I go and I mostly get back just part of my set of surfing things, I use the nose functionally not as a trick I do cheater fives and head dips forward in the section - See more at: http://www.surfing-waves.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16880&p=145426&hilit=+nose+riding#p145426

 

No comments:

Post a Comment