Thursday, August 29, 2013

Jonah Hill on me ...

http://www.elle.com/pop-culture/celebrities/jonah-hill-profile?src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1448_28338699&6621313=1

 

The writer of a Rolling Stone cover story about Hill’s apocalyptic comedy This Is the End in June apparently did not feel the love. Hill’s reputation hit the Internet skids thanks to the article, which had the actor responding superseriously to supersilly questions. (When the interviewer posed a question about his bodily functions, for instance, Hill went off: “Being in a funny movie doesn’t make me have to answer dumb questions.”) “I read that interview and was mortified,” says Hill. “Not to make an excuse, but I had been going through some stuff that was hard on me. And I would say that the gentleman who did the interview was not a nice person. But I acted like not a nice person in return.”

Being nice is a sort of ethos for Hill. At Comedy Central’s James Franco roast this summer, “I remember sitting with James, Seth [Rogen], Bill Hader, and Andy Samberg afterward and thinking how crazy it was that we had all been so horrible to each other,” says Hill. “All of those guys are really honest, and we share the same outlook, of treating people nicely.” And yet, he adds, with a laugh, “There was something cathartic about that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment